Tuesday, February 5, 2013

We did it, we found it!

Did what, found what?

Well, I was helping a friend and her family look for a house. And we finally found it. It was perfect. A two story home with 4BR and 3.5 bath. Open floor plan, brand new appliances, marble counter tops, etc. In a family oriented neighborhood, and in a cul-de-sac. For a decent price even...
Lucky, right?! Now all she had to was work out the deal...
So, how did my dear friend not even consider a VA home loan? I mean, if it's available to you wouldn't you take advantage of it? Well, yeah! I would if it were an option for me. VA home loan rates are at an all time low.
So, what are the advantages of a va loan? Let me list a few points for you. This what info I found for my friend.
* No down payment 
* VA loans are not credit score based
* Seller pays all the closing costs (up to 6%)
* No prepayment penalty if you decide to refinance or sell your home later on

These are only some the advantages of obtaining a VA loan. So, if this option is available to you - You must definitely take advantage of the opportunity. 

And yes, I wrote this because of you, FRIEND X! Where would you be without me?!

1 comment: