Thursday, June 14, 2012

Homework is a bitch

Wow. Homework. Hate it. Didn't like when I was in school. Don't like it now. What do I do with a child who won't do his homework? ( I know, what kid likes doing homework?!) I can't get him to answer any questions about his homework. It's the constant "I don't know....." It's almost like he is waiting for me to just give in and just do it for him. Well, that may be just what he's hoping. Too bad. He would rather sit at the table just goofing off and not ask for help. And then he waits for his little brother to start asking me if it's ok if he can play. Then the drama starts. Little brother wants to play. I'm yelling at him (because at this point, I've lost it) to hurry up and finish the damn homework. Damn it, I'm not going to do it for you. If he wants me to do his homework, then I should go back to school. And he can stay home, clean and cook. Am I being a little tough? After all, he is only in 1st grade?
 So, now he's got a homework assignment due tomorrow and were not doing the second half of it until today. And I'm pissed. And he's in his room watching tv. Lord help us all. It's going to be a long evening....

12 comments:

  1. I am a Mom who hates homework. Seriously, hates it. My little boy goes to school and then goes to a social skills program (he has autism) so he is gone from the house from 7 am until almost 6. The last thing I want to do with the time I have with him is nag him to do mindless homework.

    ARGH!

    Anyway - I feel your pain. I get Heinlein's quote, but blech on homework!

    I am here from Blog Hop til You Drop! I hope you will visit my blog, too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting. Will check you out as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!

    I'm Shar! Your newest follower from the blog hop!

    Come visit me over at http://sharmartinez.blogspot.com

    Both of my boys are under 2, I haven't reached the homework phase yet, but I have no idea of what I'll do if I'm ever in this situation!

    xoxo -Shar

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey!!! Following back!! Love this post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am not missing homework right about now! Love this and thanks for coming over to the Blog Hop! Glad to have ya!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Found you on the Blog Hop, Can't wait to get to know you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I've had those days. My kids are 13 and up now. My oldest is in college and does hers devotedly. My second works full time. The other three still need prompting, the youngest more than the other two. Boy am I glad it's summer. I hate homework, too.

    Good luck. Congratulations on not hitting anyone.

    Stopping by from SITS. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad our homework days are over for a few weeks! Good luck!

    I found you on the TGIF Blog Hop... looking forward to being your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think one of the great injustices in the motherhood is that you do all your homework, graduate, and then still have to do more of it when you have your own kids! I completely sympathize. Thanks for sharing and for linking up with NOBH!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVe your blog!! Please follow mine! I blog about beauty products, book reviews and recipes!

    www.abuilool.blogspot.com

    ~Leila
    I Follow back!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Why is he watching TV? Did I miss something? I have 4 kids, 3 who get homework (2 of them are in high school). It's no problem as a parent to take away privileges until chores and homework, etc. are done first. That's if there is a problem. We usually let our kids relax when they first come home, that is if they don't have to dash out the door for sports, but there are consequences if they are behaving in an unreliable manner.

    Tina at http://abooksandmore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete